Did you see Joe Blundos column in yesterdays dispatch? In it, he gave us another one of his lists. He loves to make lists, and I love reading his column. Yesterday, he talked about things that hes tired of hearing about in the media, and he invited us to make our own lists. So I did. Heres my letter to Joe.
Joe, I loved your column yesterday. As usual, you were spot on with my own list of
tiresome things in the news. You suggested we make our own lists, so even though
you didn’t ask for mine, I’m sending it anyway. This makes me feel even better than
just making the list.
1. TV interviewers who ask people who are grieving the death of a loved one how they
feel. then we get to watch them sob in misery.
2. Gay marriage rights. While I think it’s their own business what they do at home,
I’m sick of them getting in my face about it.
3. Teenagers killing each other.
4. Children finding loaded guns and killing each other.
5. People who refuse to see that loaded guns in the city are dangerous and stupid.
6. People who keep rebuilding their homes on sites that historically get demolished
7. People who keep wild animals and reptiles as pets and then set them free. What’s
wrong with a dog or a cat?
8. People poisoning dogs and hording cats.
9. Motorists killing bicyclists. I used to love to ride my bike on roads, but now
I’m afraid that each passing driver is paying more attention to his/her phone than
to what is on the road in front.
10. Commercials on the 6:00 news about things you don’t talk about at the dinner
11. Whining about having to have an I.D. to vote.
12. Car manufacturers that keep making and selling unsafe products and then recalling
them. Oops. sorry about your death.
Thanks for letting me vent.